Design your facebook art work in 2019 like a pro
Looking for the Facebook cover photo size, or general guidelines on how to design facebook art that will draw your audiences attention?
Then I basically got you covered
This blog post is all about Facebook cover art!
Let’s dive in, shall we?
Profile image: 180x180
- Must be at least 180x180px
- The photo will appear on the page as 160x160px
- Photo thumbnail will appear throughout at 32x32px
This will be the photo representing you or your brand on Facebook. This square photo will appear on your timeline layered over your cover photo.
It will also appear when you post to other walls, comment on posts or when you’re searched with Facebook’s Open Graph.
Facebook cover photo size: 820x310px
- Appear on page at 820x310px
- Anything less will be stretched
- Minimum size of 399x150px
- Smartphones display as 640x360px
- For best result, upload an RGB JPG file less than 100kb
- Image with a logo or text may be best as a PNG file.
TIP: Copy this facebook cover photo size template and use it as a guideline
Download a .psd template with an example!
Here is a real life example of a great facebook cover photo size image for Macdonald’s. You can clearly see that facebook cover photo size is different for mobile and other devices.
Your full image will be visible on your smartphone, and on every other device facebook will cut it off.
Shared Image: 1200x630px
- Recommended upload size of 1200x630px
- Will appear in feed at a max width of 470px (will scale to a max of 1:1)
- Will appear on page at a max width of 504px (will scale to a max of 1:1)
Shared Link: 1200x627px
- Recommended upload size of 1200x627px
- Square Photo: Minimum 154x154px in feed.
- Square Photo: Minimum 116x 116 on page.
- Rectangular Photo: Minimum 484×252 on page.
Facebook will scale photos under the minimum dimensions. For better results increase image resolution at the same scale as the minimum size.
Highlighted Image: 1200X717
- Will appear on your page at 843x504px
- Choose a higher resolution at that scale for better quality
Event Image: 1920x1080px
- Facebook will scale down to minimum dimensions: 470x174px
- Shows in feed 470x174px
Best Facebook Aspect Ratios for 2019:
- 16:9 – Full Landscape
- 1:1 – Square (Instagram and Facebook Feed)
- 4:5 – Vertical (Instagram and Facebook Feed)
- 2:3 – Vertical (Facebook only)
- 9:16 – Full Portrait/Vertical (Stories and Facebook Feed)
About the Author
Andrej is a designer who loves advocating the benefits of good design and its impact on businesses. Visit andrejthefreelancer.com now and hire him for your next project!